The Kentucky Opera's 45th season promises to be one of its very best, at least. So far, performances with talented castes are scheduled for Verdi's Don Carlo, Mozart's Don Giovanni, The MikadoBy Gilbert and Sullivan and The Elixir of Love by Donizetti.
The following facts from last season can help us appreciate our Opera company.
• Over 19,000 people saw a performance by the Kentucky Opera.
• The average cost of a KO production is $275,000.
• Some 270 local workers are employed as cast, crew and musicians for each production.
• More than 70 Opera-Go-Round performances took place in local schools.
• The Kentucky Opera provides educational programs annually to 25,000 children.
• More than 4,000 students saw Hanzel and Gretel during the 1995 Holiday Season.