Hey, all you moshin' freaks, what's up! Read on for the latest news . . .
• Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Read this extreme news, metal heads!
I'm hope you're all aware of "The Metal Pit" radio show that's been on 100.5 The Fox for some time now. The show's name has changed to "The Attitude Network," effective May 30! Also, the Master of Metal Broadcasting-Black Frank is back!
The show will be dedicated to loud, heavy and evil music. Put it this way: if it's heavy, it WILL be played on "The Attitude Network."
Also, a new feature of the show will be weekly reports from Eddy Metal, who will be reporting on upcoming concerts, new CDs, interviews, and more, on both local and regional metal bands.
Any bands interested in having their music played on "The Attitude Network" should send CDs to: 4006 S. 5th St., Louisville, Ky. 40214. If you have show dates or other info, call 367-2080.
ALL metal styles will be covered on the program, including regional and local metal bands from Richmond and Lexington such as Pownd, Crone, Authentic Hate, and Twist. Again, if it's heavy, it will be played!
This is a great show for metal in Louisville. Support the cause -- just tune in and mosh, man!
• King Diamond recently played at Bogart's in Cincy. Read the interview with The King and guitarist Andy La Rocque in this issue.
• Slayer has a new CD, which should be released very soon. Definitely look for a review on that one.
• Hope everyone caught some of the metal shows happenin' around Derby. Derby Eve at P.J.'s Pub featured My Own Victim, Faceplant, Shapeless Matrix, Flaw and Purple Jesus.
Derby night at the Inhuman Derby Party featured Unrule, Faceplant, E-Flat and a late-night/early morning surprise set by Shapeless Matrix.
Both shows were slammin', of course!
• Please see my review for Ball One: "The International Rockers Hard Music Ball in this issue.
• Alice in Chains fans should check out guitarist Jerry Cantrell's solo show on June 16 at The Toy Tiger. It'll be a great one.
• Any bands interested in having a CD or tape reviewed, or if you have any news of upcoming shows, et cetera, send it to me. I'll be glad to write about it. Please mail to: Louisville Music News, Attention: "News from the Pit," P. O. Box 148, Pewee Valley, Ky. 40056.
That's all from me for now. Watch upcoming issues for more CD/tape reviews.
Support metal . . .See ya!